Mass Central Rail Trail Quarterly Get-together
Massachusetts Bikeway Events
Thursday, July 26, 3:00 - 8:00 pm in Northampton
The next MassCentral Rail Trail Coalition [MCRT Coalition] meeting will
be in Northampton on July 26, from 3 to 8 p.m. There will be people coming
from around the state for the walking tour of downtown, the biking tour of
the path network being developed, a dinner meeting at the Northampton
Brewery-- and an update about what is going on -- across the state on
this the longest possible rail trail in New England. And in Northampton,
it intersects with the longest interstate rail trail in New England as
well--the New Haven to Northampton Trail.
A layout of both of the tours and the event at the Brewery and all the
logistics can be found at this link.
Who should come?
- People involved or interested in the MassCentral Rail Trail across the state of Massachusetts--from Northampton to Boston.
- Northampton and surrounding community residents interested in sustainable transportation, economic development, tourism. bikes, hiking, historic preservation.
- CT residents and other area residents interested in the New Haven to Northampton project and wanted to see the intersection of the n-s path with the e-w path.
- People involved with the intersecting or nearby trails like the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail, the Cochituate Rail Trail, the Border to Boston Trail, the East Coast Greenway, the Bike to the Sea Trail, the Blackstone Bikeway, the Twin City Rail Trail, the Minuteman Rail Trail and any others I might have forgotten.
- DCR officials involved with the Norwottuck Rail Trail--the western most section of the MCRT
- MassHwy officials interested in learning what is happening around the region on this issue.
- Elected officials who want to learn how they can help.